Loan Application Checklist

C2 Certified Reverse Mortgage Specialist

NMLS #242792 | DRE #0118730

C2 Financial Albany CA, Branch NMLS#: 1899037 | DRE #01821025


Any information you provide us through our website is 100-percent secure and private. We don’t share client info with anyone, except with your explicit permission. We ask because providing your information to mortgage lenders can help your chances of being approved for a home loan with the lowest interest rate possible. In turn, those mortgage lenders are bound by federal law to keep your information secure, as well.

What kind of information will we need in your mortgage application?



In general, the documentation you will need includes:
icon_box-checked  Check for application fee


If you already have a contract on a house:
 icon_box-checked  Purchase Agreement
 icon_box-checked  Copy of legal description and MLS sheet.
 icon_box-checked  If you are selling your current home, copy of listing contract.
 icon_box-checked  If you have sold your current home, copy of settlement statement (HUD-1).


icon_box-checked   Pay stubs for the last 30 days.
icon_box-checked  Names and addresses of each employer for the last 2 years.
icon_box-checked  W-2s for the last 2 years.
icon_box-checked  Statements for each bank, mutual fund, and/or investment account for the last three months.
icon_box-checked  Estimated value of personal property and furniture.
If you have made any large deposits to your accounts:
icon_box-checked  Explanation and source for deposit.
If large deposit was a gift:
icon_box-checked  Signed gift letter (lender can supply).
icon_box-checked  Copy of gift check.
icon_box-checked  Copy of deposit receipt.
If you own more than 25% of a business:
icon_box-checked  Corporate or partnership tax returns.
If self-employed:
icon_box-checked  Tax returns for the last three years (with schedules).
icon_box-checked  Year-to-Date Profit and Loss Statement prepared by an accountant.
If you own rental property:
icon_box-checked  Tax returns for the last two years and current rental agreements.
If you are retired:
icon_box-checked  Pension Award Letter.
If you receive Social Security:
icon_box-checked  Social Security Award Letter.
If you are counting child support as income:
icon_box-checked  Copy of divorce settlement.
icon_box-checked  Copy of twelve months of cancelled child support checks.


icon_box-checked  Names, addresses, account numbers, balances and monthly payments on all current loans.
icon_box-checked  Explanation of credit report anomalies, including:
icon_box-checked  Late payments, credit inquiries in the last 90 days, charge-offs, collections, judgments and/or liens.
icon_box-checked  Bankruptcy filed within last seven years (bring a copy of your bankruptcy papers).


icon_box-checked  Copy of DD Form 214, Report of Separation.


icon_box-checked  Photo ID and proof of Social Security number.
icon_box-checked  Residence addresses for the past two years.
icon_box-checked  If applicable, a copy of your divorce decree.
icon_box-checked  If you are not a citizen, a copy of the front and back of your green card.